Thursday, May 28, 2009

i said "swanky"...make a fucking blog about it.

Some of you may know about this blog already, "This guy said swanky!" [whoiscevron.blogspot.com]. It's an interesting blog dedicated to finding out my identity...kind of like the new Baseline posts "WHO IS CEVRON?"... but this blog is funnier. The person who runs this blog has 2 others that are based around "cevron" - "cevron-comments" and "cevron-sexy times", which is dedicated to finding out who all wants to have sex with me.
If you're at all interested in any of the above mentioned blogs, the writer is willing to make you admin... I don't know what the point of it is, or why someone would want to make a blog about finding out who wants to have sex with me. This person must be A. very disturbed or B. be as much of an "idiot" as I am.


The most recent post on "This guy said swanky!":
"Hopefully by this time you have figured out that this blog was created to explore "the state of being an idiot" by using our anonymous friend, cevron, as a subject. But this got us thinking. Why does We-are-awesome mainly feature photos of events at Assembly, "the night shoot" and their "day shoot" seems to feature "social characters" at the biscuit mill. And now we have a new social figure called, cevron, that mainly uses these sources to base his/her "rants" around. Is there a link? Are we suppose to believe, that the only "cool shit" that this town has to offer happens at assembly, and omg, if you don't go to Assembly then you won't be featured in We-are-awesome...(and are we really awesome?), and if im not featured in We-are-awesome, then shit, will cevron ever think Im important enough to write a "rant" about...and if I'm not really important to feature on cevroncity, then!? fuck, who am I...the vicious circle continues...Does Assembly pay We-are-awesome? for advertising? Does cevron get paid by We-are-awesome to create awareness, that we all are truly awesome. Is there a christian connotation to all of this? "



Dear Mr. whoiscevron.blogspot.com

I'd like to inform you that cevron has no connection to we-are-awesome or to the Assembly. I must admit, I'm sure it makes great advertising for both parties, especially we-are-awesome as I constantly use pictures of theirs to slate them. And the reason I do this, and only use we-are-awesome is because, if you haven't noticed, there isn't another fucking site in Cape Town that has pictures of all these "incredibly cool indie people". You must admit, the site is full of easy targets, kids who think they're cool and take themselves too seriously, why would I want to give up an opportunity like that?
It is however a wonder why we-are-awesome don't venture outside of the Assembly, even if it does just follow the crowd down the road to EVOL or Fiction... now, there you might be on to something. Is someone doing some kind of favour to someone else? A sexual one perhaps? Because I'm pretty sure there is no money involved, and if there is, it can't be very much. How can you pay someone in cash to come to your club, drink your alcohol, watch your bands, dance to your music and then take pictures for their own blog. Curious.
I know that I am not being paid, I have yet to see money or be offered sexual favours from the we-are-awesome crew or from the Assembly management.
Maybe one day though.
But for now, I'll continue to use easy targets. And you can continue to blog about me...infact, why don't you write a little post about this post? There's some good old homework for you.

Yours in idiocy,
cevron.